Who We Are
Gavin™ is an award-winning boutique brand communications agency, providing robust public relations and marketing services serving clients regionally and nationally. We strive to create an exciting, challenging and rewarding work environment that allows you to feel fulfilled, creative, and part of something bigger. Our team is built on a “We Culture” philosophy – meaning we work as a team, we solve problems together, we nurture great talent and leadership skills, and we build the team we want to share success with for the long term. Your role in our business is essential to our success.
We are a team of 25+, serving clients in healthcare, education, government, consumer and business services.
Our office is headquartered in York, Pennsylvania with locations in Harrisburg and Lancaster Pennsylvania. This position offers a work-remote option. Our clients are regional and national companies requiring an understanding of local, regional and national media and communications.
We encourage growth from within. We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent in every aspect to grow with our team.
Your Role at Gavin
The Senior Copywriter is responsible for the successful development of written content for B2B and B2C industries, inclusive of healthcare, education, consumer, hospitality, manufacturing and business services. This person will have stellar non-fiction and fiction writing abilities and communications skills, be able to work under tight deadlines, and have the ability to create engaging content for multi-platform marketing and communications elements to achieve client objectives for brands and brand campaigns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Copywriting for a variety of materials, inclusive of traditional and digital advertising elements, landing pages, campaign concepts, brochures, display ads, billboards, print ads, blog content, direct mail, video, broadcast and radio scripts, public service announcements, and more
- Advise on and manage content and editorial calendars for projects
- Write concise, creative and engaging content specific to target audience lens to foster greater brand engagement and actions
- Senior-level proofing and editing to ensure content meets client-specific standards, such as AP style formatting and brand guidelines
- Develop strong headlines and calls-to-action to move target audience to action
- Craft content to perform across digital and traditional platforms, inclusive of ensuring
- Consult and collaborate with senior staff to develop strategic content and creative themes to achieve client objectives, brand persona strategies and campaign messages
- Coordinate, collect and manage all aspects of copywriting projects for success while meeting tight deadlines and client expectations
- Work with account team to deliver content on time and on message, working with teammates to achieve project timelines and deliverables
- Submit copy for approval by senior account staff
- Conduct keyword research and collaborate with digital team to optimize digital content for optimal SEO performance
- Participate in client interviews/meetings as needed to collect background or research to develop content and copy for all marketing, communications and advertising assets
- Degree in communications, writing, marketing, advertising, public relations, English, journalism or related field
- 5 years’ experience in copywriting specific to multi-platform marketing in marketing, advertising and/or social media, advertising agency experience preferred
- Experience in digital optimization of content
- Outstanding writing, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of AP Style (Associated Press Style)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand
- Exceptional knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including definition and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar
- Optimal aptitude for public relations and marketing
- Demonstrated knowledge of various communication and dissemination techniques and methods
- Stellar organizational ability
- Must possess the ability to be solution-oriented and work under minimal supervision
- Proficient in MS office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly
- Must be open to receiving feedback and have the ability to pivot as necessary
- Ability to manage high stress situations; remain calm under pressure
- Spanish-speaking and writing a plus
- Work portfolio required
Gavin™ offers a competitive benefit package for all full-time employees including paid time off, medical benefits, company-paid short-term disability and life insurance, access to a retirement plan with company match, the flexibility to work remotely and yes… even your birthday off!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Gavin ™ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation, and training. We seek to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws related to discrimination.
Gavin™ makes decisions concerning employment based strictly on business needs and an individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the job under consideration, the comparative qualifications and abilities of other applicants or employees, and the individual’s past performance within the organization.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.