Gavin™ is a fast growing, award-winning full-service boutique brand communications agency located in Central PA serving clients in healthcare, education, government, finance, and business services across the US. Named a Top 50 Fastest Growing Company and Top 250 Private Company in the region, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and being an employer of choice. This position offers a work-remote option, requiring that the Public Relations Manager come to the office and client’s locations for key meetings and events as necessary.
We’re looking for a Public Relations Manager who is devoted to delivering the absolute best outcomes for our clients. This person will have superior writing ability, national and local media relations experience and the ability to manage multiple projects and goals while working under tight deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages clients’ projects and client relations
- Maintains strong relationships with teammates
- Manages client project scope, timeline and budget
- Oversees public relations for various clients, including compiling, maintaining, and organizing all public relations materials for campaigns and events
- Manages client events and their collateral
- Represents clients to various local, regional, national and media/bloggers/influencers (active pitching, writing, media coordination, etc.)
- Builds relationships with various media for clients in various industries, including education, healthcare, government, finance and business services
- Works with clients to identify new public relations and communications opportunities at local, regional and national levels
- Executes comprehensive social media initiatives for various clients, including monitoring various platforms and preparing responses/posting events
- Guides clients through publicity events and media interviews, including developing speaking points and messaging
- Writes in AP style, edits and proofs client content including but not limited to: media kits, pitch letters, news releases, PSAs, messaging, FAQs, blogs, byline articles, web copy, op-eds, social media calendars, etc.
- Develops unique campaigns and works with Gavin’s creative department to leverage social media, social apps and engaging digital opportunities
- Oversees junior staff in developing press releases, drafting campaign copy and developing reports as needed
- Pulls monthly reports on client outcomes and campaign performance through Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and various other tools
- Reviews clips secured for clients and monthly reports on media coverage
- Manages and tracks corporate approvals of client advertising, ensuring proper files are maintained and logged
- Coordinates corporate advertising, marketing plan schedules and client meetings
- Prepares team for presentations and organizes materials, including assisting with presentations to clients and potential clients
- Assists with proposal writing as needed
- Contributes to weekly staff meetings and team meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or marketing required
- Five years of relevant work experience
- Proven media relations track record for regional and national placements
- Excellent AP Style writing, proofing and editing skills
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat Pro and MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly
- Knowledge of media tracking and monitoring systems, such as Critical Mention
- Excellent organizational skills
- Solution-oriented and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage high stress situations; remain calm under pressure
- Agency experience preferred
Gavin™ offers a competitive benefit package including paid time off, medical benefits, company-paid short-term disability and life insurance, access to a retirement plan with company match, the flexibility to work remotely and yes… even your birthday off!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Gavin ™ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation, and training. We seek to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws related to discrimination.
Gavin™ makes decisions concerning employment based strictly on business needs and an individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the job under consideration, the comparative qualifications and abilities of other applicants or employees, and the individual’s past performance within the organization.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.